is the earth a living body?
the earth is a living body. its soul is its ability to grow. this soul, which also provides the earth with its bodily warmth, is located in the inner fires of the earth, which emerge at several places as baths, sulfur mines or volcanoes. its flesh is the soil, its bones are the strata of rock, its cartilage is the tufa [rock composed of volcanic detritus, fused together by heat], its blood is the underground streams, the reservoir of blood around its heart is the ocean. the systole and diastole of the blood in the arteries and veins appear on the earth as the rising and sinking of the oceans.
- why is there ebb and flow in the atlantic and the mediterranean?
- how did the different forms of rock develop?
- why can't the moon be responsible for ebb and flow?
- does ebb and flow occur when two rivers meet?
- did the rivers carve up the mountains?
- why is it that an object that would sink in calm water does not sink in moving water?
- how did the strait of gibraltar and the sinai mountain range come into being?
- how can one discover the origin of ebb and flow?
- can one influence the confluence of two rivers?
- which waves are particulary strong when a river swells up?
- how does water flow around two obstacles standing one after another?
- what forms of stone are created by rivers and seas?
- does a stone sink vertically to the bottom when its dropped into moving water?
- how can one make the movements of water visible?
- how does water flow around two obstacles standing near each other?
- how does water flow around three obstacles in a triangular formation?