leonardos codex leicester
the extensive material is organized into separate thematic units that can be accessed by means of interconnected pathways. a guiding question precedes each pathway.
- is the earth a living body?
- why is there ebb and flow in the atlantic and the mediterranean?
- how did the different forms of rock develop?
- why can't the moon be responsible for ebb and flow?
- does ebb and flow occur when two rivers meet?
- did the rivers carve up the mountains?
- why is it that an object that would sink in calm water does not sink in moving water?
- how did the strait of gibraltar and the sinai mountain range come into being?
- how can one discover the origin of ebb and flow?
- can one influence the confluence of two rivers?
- which waves are particulary strong when a river swells up?
- how does water flow around two obstacles standing one after another?
- what forms of stone are created by rivers and seas?
- does a stone sink vertically to the bottom when its dropped into moving water?
- how can one make the movements of water visible?
- how does water flow around two obstacles standing near each other?
- how does water flow around three obstacles in a triangular formation?